Wednesday, September 17, 2014



September 9, 2014
Hello all,

So the power was out yesterday during the time we had planned to write you. We decided to contact people while we waited but then ultimately had to go start working. So my trainer is giving me an opportunity quickly today. So I don’t have a lot of time.

Nicaragua is so amazing!! I am currently serving in Granada in one of the poorest areas. These people have nothing it seems like. But they want the gospel kinda......It’s really hard work. I study until about 12 each day because I am training then we go eat at a members home that we pay to feed us then work the rest of the night. 

My trainer is Elder Martinez and my other companion is Elder Jimenez they are both really cool guys. Elder Martinez is the district leader. There are 3 other new missionaries in my district so it’s nice to see them everyone once in a while. 

The food is good. I have eaten some form of rice and beans every day. I feel bad because everyone offers me pork here and I can’t eat pork. It’s one of the mission rules. 

Yes mom I have drank the water and I have not gotten sick. I drink out of my filter when I can but members always bring us either juice or water. The juices are taking some time to get used to. I have been for the most part healthy. I got another cold when I got here which was expected because of the climate change. It reaches about 95 every day and I am constantly sweating. So I make sure to drink a lot of water. 



Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment