Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 91 - An Amazing Week

April 18, 2016

This week was an amazing week. One that I will never forget. 

This week started off with a trip out to a part of our area super far away. Its like an 8 minute drive up into the mountains...haha. It was a reference from General Conference. I knew who they were because I had contacted them during the month of December. We got talking to them and they were now ready to accept and listen to our message. One of the people that live there is 97 years old and she came to church with us on Sunday!!! Wahoo!! She still talks, walks, and even reads still. The whole week members have gone with us to visit them and to help them progress. 

Then this week I had the chance to do divisions with Elder Castillo. He was one of my companions in Las Palmas and is the Distict Leader in the District. He came to my area. It was a lot of fun working with him and being able to see how much he had changed since his training. 

Friday I had the opportunity to go out to Diriomo again to help the missionaries their and be able to go to the District Meeting. 

But I guess the big story of the week is our two baptisms. This week we had the opportunity to baptize Freddy, and Karina. 

Freddy has been a investigator since early February. He has progressed a lot since the first day that I met him. We have worked so long to help him get married and then baptized. He has taken the Book of Mormon and applied it to his everyday life. He spends a couple hours of the day just reading. Sometimes while I am studying he will call me and just tell me that he is reading the Book of Mormon and the things that he has learned from the teachings that day. I have learned a lot from him. Several times I have left from lessons feeling like that I learned more from him than I taught him. All the members have helped us and are always asking us about how he is doing. And now finally he is baptized and is a member of the Church.

Karina is also another amazing convert. I remember the day we contacted her. The week was going terrible. We couldn't find anyone in the area, all of our appointments fell and everything was just going down hill....I remember that before we left the house we prayed that we could find one person that day that would get baptized. In the early afternoon we contacted a house that looked like nobody was home. To our surprise a young mother and her two sons came running outside. We talked with her for five minutes then came back the next day to talk with her and her husband. They only let us stand in the door, but we taught a quick lesson. From that point on Karina talked with us more and more and has read a lot of the Book of Mormon also. She was still pretty unsure about getting baptized early this week. We went over and had a great lesson with her and committed her to pray and read a chapter in the Book of Mormon to know if she needed to get baptized. We came back the next day and had one of the most spiritual lessons I have had. We felt the spirit so strong as she told us that yes she wanted to get baptized. I know that praying and reading the Book of Mormon will always give us the answers to life's questions.

All has been well this week. I love the area and I love the work. This is the true church. Thank you for all your love and prayers. Take care. I love you all. 

Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson



Las Flores





Las Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment