Monday, November 17, 2014


November 17, 2014

Wow this week I will have completed 4 months in the mission. Times is going fast. This term of transfers is almost over. It ends the 26 of November. Next week on Wednesday. I don't know what will happen. I can see myself being here and also going to a new area. I don't know. I have faith in Heavenly Father and President Russel to know where to place me where I can be a successful missionary. 

So this week we contacted a lady that has a bunch of kids. We talked with her for a while and she isn't very interested in the gospel. But, she likes to talk with us and we continue to invite her to church hoping that one day she will come or want to learn about the gospel. Her kids love talking to us.  We always have mints with us that we give to them. Maybe that's why they like us so much..... She gave us two fresh coconuts one day. She has a couple coconut trees that are way tall. I have no idea how they get the coconuts down from the tree???   For breakfast we had fresh coconut milk and fruit one day.  I like the fruit a lot but not the milk very much.

This week we had 3 baptisms. This was the mom and 3 kids that I previously told you about.  The family that we watched the movie "The Restoration" with. I was able to baptise them as well which was a really neat opportunity!  I felt the spirit testify to me of the importance of Baptism and how it is a commandment from our Heavenly Father. And, how it cleanses us from sin and how after we are able to receive the most amazing gift that we can have; The Holy Ghost. What a blessing the Holy Ghost is in my life!  I rely on the promptings and feelings daily to help me be successful. 

We also were able to contact a new family this week.  They are a great family.  It is only a lady and husband but they ask great questions and want to learn more and more every visit.   It was great to have them be in church yesterday with us and feel of the spirit more. 

My companion,Elder   Jimenez is a great missionary!  He helps me a lot.  I am really grateful for him.  Not much other than that to write about. This week was good. I continue to enjoy the mission more and more each day. My Spanish is getting better. It is getting harder and harder to write and talk in English.  Mom mentioned that you guys can see a change in my writing the more time I spend here. 
From your Missionary,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment