Monday, November 3, 2014



November 3, 2014
Wow it’s already November. I will have been out for 4 months this month.....time is going kinda fast. 

So Halloween was just another day haha. We didn’t do anything special. I looked at the card you sent and said Happy Halloween to my companion but that’s about it. Haha! Oh ya, and some kids in the street were running around saying Happy Halloween at about 8:30 which made me laugh, but other than that nothing really. 

So this week was better than the past weeks. I was able to bury myself in the work and worry more about my investigators instead of myself. I am slowly learning how to think more like a missionary. We have 3 investigators that are really fun to teach. It is a single mom with 3 kids. The older 2 are over 8 and the youngest is 7 I think. She sells fruit drinks (frescos) en la marqueta. During our visits they always ask great questions and want to learn more. One night they surprised us with dinner, spaghetti. Not sure how to spell it but ya....haha. It was really good with a lot of different spices and different things to make it taste really good. They have a date to be baptized the 15 of November. I am excited to see what happens in these next couple of weeks as we continue to teach them. 

Elder Anderson with a new haircut.
So dad asked about the food....I eat pretty good here. For breakfast I make oatmeal. I make it at night and then place it in the fridge over night.  I put in oatmeal, raisins, granola and a little bit of honey and then stick a banana in it in the morning. I enjoy my breakfast. Or sometimes I just eat a graham cracker with a banana for breakfast. Then for lunch we eat rice, beans, meat, potatoes, plantains, bananas, all sorts of different foods. I eat a lot of rice everyday at lunch. That’s probably why I am gaining weight. Then for dinner we stop at a pulpuria and buy a bread and juice. I have tried to eat healthier this week and I bought a lot of fruit in the market today, oranges, limes and bananas. Elder Jimenez has taught me how to make this really good juice with limes and milk. We made it for breakfast this morning. 

So this morning I had a chance to read the talk that dad sent me by Elder Andersen about Joseph Smith. I loved it! 

I taught the first vision a lot this week. Always as I share the experience of Joseph Smith in the words of Joseph himself  I feel the spirit testify to me of the truthfulness. 

Oh ya this week or the next our new chapel will probably be finished. It’s a really nice chapel and its right next to our house. We are super excited to go to it. 

I hope all is well at home. Thank you for everything.  I love you guys so much. Everyday I am grateful for a loving family that supports me. I love you guys. Stay strong!

Your missionary,
Elder Morgan Monroe Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment