Monday, August 25, 2014

August 15, 2014

Week Three Mexico City CCM.

Wow so much stuff happened at the beginning of this week, I don’t even know where to begin. I guess we can start with last Saturday. Wow what a weekend. It started great with a fantastic P day then went all downhill Saturday.

During a language activity my companion Elder Hughes got sick. He decided he would lie down and just try to see if that helped. Well it didn’t. Our teacher then came to me and told me that I needed to take him to the doctor. We ended up at the doctor and he told us that he just needed some rest and to go back to the apartment and sleep. Well as his companion I had to stay with him. 

Elder Hughes had a copy of one of our books in English so I began reading it. It was written by Elder Ballard I believe and it discussed the topics of our church and was addressed mostly to those who want to learn more about our faith. It’s a really good book actually. I read that until dinner time then went on splits so I could eat. During that time though another Elder in our branch got sick as well as another Elder in my district. All 3 of them asked for Priesthood blessings.

I was able to give Elder Hughes a blessing, anointed the other elder in our branch then was able to watch the other blessing to Elder Elison take place. After being alone in my own thoughts and starting to doubt myself and get home sick. I realized the best medicine is to serve others. Priesthood is a form of service. It is not for ourselves or for our own benefit. It is the power of God to bless the lives of others.

After blessing the sick, one of the sisters in my district asked the elders to give her a blessing of comfort. She had been struggling a lot lately. We all participated but she asked me to give her the blessing. What an amazing opportunity I was blessed with. I don’t recall any of the words that I said in any of those blessings but I remember the way I felt. I felt like an instrument in the hands of our Heavenly Father. And that is exactly what I am supposed to be during these 2 years. I am supposed to act as Christ and teach them about the restored gospel. 

In the MTC they have a service where they will send your missionary a package like the next day with whatever you want in it. Some of the other kids have gotten some stuff and are way nice to share. One of the sisters got a ton of IBC root beer. She gave everyone a bottle. It made my week. I sat on my bed and drank some of my favorite root beer. I found some cookies at the la tienda in the CCM. They are just plain oatmeal cookies but they remind me of Grandma and Grandpas house! I love being able to just relax in the night for a little bit. 

With love, 

Elder Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment