Tuesday, October 21, 2014


October 20, 2014


The word for the week is change. My life pretty much changed this week......for the good I think. The thing about a mission is it is all about change. Mark Anderson wrote to me while in the CCM and told me to be ok with change. It’s normal on a mission. Were always changing investigators, companions, houses, areas, everything. 

Oh, I guess you want to know what changed...haha!   I got a new companion. Both Elder Jimenez and Elder Martinez are in new areas. On Tuesday when I learned I was getting a new companion I got really sick to my stomach.....I was so scared. Elder Martinez my trainer was my best friend.  We got a long great I could understand his Spanish. We joked and had a great time!  Elder Jimenez was like me brother and is a really great missionary. But I knew that the Lord would help me and that it is revelation to President Russell. So I had no problems with it I was just scared.  But it turns out I got one of the best missionaries in the mission.

His name is Elder Jimenez. He is from the Dominican Republic. He has only 3 months in the mission. He arrived in the mission the day I got to the CCM. He is the new District leader for my area. He is a way good missionary. He kinda reminds me of my cousin Chris. I met him the very first day we got here when we went on splits with the other Elders. He is 23 years old and is way cool. He is very different from Elder Martinez but still a way great missionary. I learned that Elder Martinez is the new zone leader in Managua and I don’t know where Elder Jimenez is.

So Elder Jimenez likes to work out. YES!!!!  He has these work out routines that really work.  I am so out of shape right now. All the fried cheese, soda, and rice have made me out of shape. But I am so excited for these work outs every morning. It helps me not be so tired during the day and be healthier. I have also committed to eating healthier foods. It’s easy to eat unhealthy here because it’s cheaper.

It has rained so much this past week. Every night it pours rain. Last night as we were walking home I knew we had to walk through a low spot at the bottom of the hill. I knew there would be water but I didn’t expect it to have so much.....it was up to my knees walking through it. We were so soaked when we got home. My shoes are still drying. 

So our investigators are good. We are looking at 4 baptisms this week. Which is good because it’s been about a month without a baptism and I don’t like that very much.....one is a guy who has taken the discussions before and has a huge testimony. Last night we actually changed his baptismal date from the 8th of November to this weekend. It’s amazing to see how the Lord has prepared people to receive the gospel.

My testimony continues to grow every day. I have to rely on the lord every day. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. The atonement is real. It can help us through any trial or hardship. Thank you so much for your love and support. I love you all. 

Your missionary, 
Elder Anderson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment