Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015

Well this week I will complete 6 months in the mission field. I am already one quarter of the way done.  In a way I am sad that it is already gone. The Lord's work is something to be cherished; every moment that we have.

This last week was a pretty good week. I am still adjusting to the changes but am doing well. Elder Quesada and I teach well together and we are able to teach with the Spirit. My new area is very big with many people to contact. We are in a suburb of Managua but there are still lots of places of businesses. 


It is really nice here since we have someone that washes our clothes and cooks lunch for us lunch everyday. Many of the members and some of our contacts offer us food as well.  Some of them give us soda and I really cant say no to them......so that is kind of a down side.  I really like our lunch. She cooks very good food and its always different. Something we get more of here in Managua is cooked green bananas. Not my favorite, but they fill you up. Its like eating parsnips.....but not.....

My house is a small house behind a less active members home. Last night they were having a party for their 8 year old daughter.  As we came in for the night they gave us some cake and soda. The cake was good!  
 
We usually teach in the outer parts of the city.  Most of the people here have cars and big screen TVs and not much else. There is a lot of diversity in religions in this part of Nicaragua as well. One of the things I love about Nicaragua is that almost everyone believes in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

In this area we still walk a lot and when needed we take a bus. Our area is so big that we have to take a bus just to get to our lunch appointment.  We live at the very top of our area and she lives at the bottom. 

The baptism this last week was amazing! The members helped out a ton.  They even bought a cake  for the little girl. Her grandparents and aunt are members but her dad is not. The family is a lot of fun to visit. The grandfather is less active but he likes to joke around with us missionaries. They feed us nearly every time we pass by to visit.  They are one of those families that I will always remember.  I have only been here about 2 weeks and they are already very special to me. 

At the baptismal service I was once again filled with the spirit.  Once again it testified to me that this is the true church.  I don't have a doubt in my mind that this is the Church of Jesus Christ.  I know that her decision to be baptized was the right decision, and that 11 years ago my decision to be baptized was also one of the best decisions of my life. 

One investigator we are teaching has been really progressing well. She has read some of the Book of Mormon and is changing her life to live gospel standards.  She has some problems with the Word of Wisdom but is committed to change.  We went to walk with her to church but nobody was there......we were very disappointed!  We also have some other investigators that are progressing as well.

Thank you for your prayers, letters, and packages. 
 
With love,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment