Sunday, February 15, 2015


February 9th, 2015
Wow what an amazing yet difficult week! First off, I got my birthday package!  Finally!! Thank you for everything! It was great to get letters from everyone and see American candy! Haha! The only sad part was that the jerky got moldy....sorry Jaren. I was excited to eat some Jerky from Bridgerland

Finally, the package arrived!
One happy Elder!
.

This past week we were blessed as a mission to have a mission conference with our Area Seventy, Elder Duncan. On Wednesday we got ready and went to the main chapel where for the day we were filled with pure revelation. President Russel commented that none of what he said was written down but that it was purely revelation for us and our mission. I truly felt as he was talking that this is what our Heavenly Father wants us to learn and apply in our teachings. 

So one of the things he spoke of was using more members in teaching our investigators. Help the members find people that we can teach. Then the miracles came! Thursday night we were walking from one appointment to another and one after another the members gave us referrals or invited us in their homes to meet a friend or family member. I think we received four referrals in just three hours.  All really positive investigators. Many are family members that have not yet had the opportunity to hear the restored gospel.

Another thing that Elder Duncan taught was teaching more of the Atonement of Christ and also the Sacrament. What a blessing it is to feel of these two things in my life everyday, especially the atonement. A person is fully converted when they repent and use the atonement in their everyday life. While teaching about the Sabbath day we have been trying to teach more about the Sacrament and that is why we go to church each Sunday. I love studying in the Bible, 3rd Nephi, and in Jesus Is The Christ about the Atonement and the Sacrament.

This lead me more to my own personal revelation that I received Wednesday. Elder Duncan spoke briefly on the love that we need to have and share with everyone. I need to be better at showing more love. I love the people of Nicaragua. They are all my brothers and sisters. I need to demonstrate my love and happiness more.

As we were walking home after a really good day I felt very much of my Saviors love for me. I thought of how this mission has helped me change and how I can let it change me even more. This area can teach me a lot if I let it. There are a lot of great members that realize how hard we work and want to help us more. I love this area and hope I can continue to grow and learn that which Heavenly father has planned for me. As long as I stay focused on His will, He will guide me where He needs me to go. This work is not about me or what I want. It is His work.

Something I have been reading in the Book of Mormon as of lately is about the 2000 Stripling Warriors. President gave a talk about this as well in the Multi Zone conference. I love how these young men were away from home in war, but were comforted because of what their parents taught them. Thank you for everything you have taught me. I use your teachings from when I was younger every day in my mission. I recieve so much strength and comfort in my daily studies in the Book Of Mormon. 

With Elder Quesada
We have baptisms this Saturday! They have been struggling with getting an answer to their prayers, but we stopped by their house yesterday after church and they said that they are ready for this Saturday!!!!  Wahoo!! After their baptism we will focus more on the parents and how to help them. Hopefully their daughter's baptisms will help them realize the importance of baptism. They are a really cool family and I like being able to go and visit them.. 

I am doing really good. Transfers are coming up again in another week. I love the mission. I want to be better and learn more and more each day. I love being able to be an instrument in Heavenly Fathers hand. I hope all is well and that Carter your arm is healing up good. I love you. Thank you for everything!

Your missionary,

Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment