Sunday, February 15, 2015


February 2, 2015

Well this week the story has been about faith. I have been trying to focus more on having faith. I have read scriptures over and over again trying to learn more and more. I have been reading everything I can about faith. It is so interesting to me how much faith, and hope affect our lives. My investigators just need a small seed of faith to be planted then nurtured and cared for then let it grow. With this small seed that is planted a tall, standing tree can grow that can’t be affected very much by the winds of the adversary. We will always have these winds pushing against us. But as we plant our roots firm in the soil of scripture study, prayers, church attendance, and a desire to become more like our Savior we will always grow stronger and stronger.

One example of this faith is of two of our investigators. They are two young girls that the missionaries have been teaching forever. The parents don’t really want to go to church or anything but these two girls have been going to church, studying scriptures, are going to go to seminary and have stopped drinking coffee and tea. These two girls have the faith they need and are continuing to grow their faith in this church. They have a date to be baptised on valentines day.

This week was really rough in regards to appointments. A lot of our appointments fell through and we had to change plans and contact a lot more. We didn’t find a lot of positive people but we did find two new families that seem ready to receive our message. Our appointments with them are tomorrow. I am excited for that.

Elder Anderson with Elder Jensen
(from our stake in Hyrum)
I think about my investigators a lot and how I can help them. I often worry about our investigators and how we can help them go to church, read the Book of Mormon, and ultimately be baptised. But I can testify that through prayer, scripture study, and revelation I am blessed to receive answers to how to help them and how to feel comforted that I am not alone in the work. The first 35 chapters of Alma are such a help and guide in the mission.

I don’t have much time to write but I hope all is going well. I attached a photo of Elder Jensen and I from zone meeting this week. He is doing really good as he is working to open up a new area.

I hope all is well at home. I love you guys! Thank you for everything!

With much love,
Elder Morgan Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment