Monday, February 23, 2015

Changes/Transfers

February 23, 2015


Wow, so I already have 7 months in the mission. Time is going fast and I want to make the most of it while I can.


So I don’t have much to write about this week. The big story of the week is changes. I got a new companion. His name is Elder Gomez. He is from Guatemala. He is a really good guy and we get along good. He wants to work!!! We are always so tired by the end of the day. By eight o'clock my feet hurt, but I am super happy. I am truly happy in the mission right now. Don’t get me wrong, its super hard, but I am happy. I am super excited for this change and what we can do. This month we have a lot of positive people to teach and hope to end the month with a high number of baptisms.


We have hopefully 3 baptisms this Saturday. One of these girls is a daughter of a less active member. The mom has been inactive for a long time, but as we visit them she clearly has a testimony of the gospel. She has raised her children to live the gospel standards even though she does not attend church or other church activities. The girl has a great understanding of the gospel and learns quickly.


The other possibility is a miracle. The missionaries here have been working for months to get permission to baptize this young man. His mom lives in the other area so we cannot contact her. This week I felt like we needed to pass by the grandparents house of this young man to ask for directions to one of our references. When we passed by the mom was there visiting. We sat down and had a discussion that lasted a long time, but in the end received the permission to baptize this young man. Wahoooo!!!!


We continue to find new people to teach everyday and this week had some really positive investigators come to church. We contacted on Monday a lady who we went and visited last night. She has family that is members and lives with her husband and in-laws.  She has a lot of questions for us and wants to know the truth. During the closing prayer yesterday she asked in her prayer to help her to feel that this was the right church! I was super pumped after that lesson. Her husband is also interested as well! I am super excited for this upcoming month and the work we can do.


It has been really hot this last week and it even rained a little tiny bit one day. That was super nice for a couple of hours. Elder Gomez likes to get up early and go running. I love that! We have plans tomorrow to run even further. I am still in pretty good shape while running even though I am heavier and haven’t ate very healthy. Haha.



This morning we went and bought a lot of fruit. I bought bananas, a pineapple, and a watermelon that's probably about as big as my head.....so pretty big.....haha. Its really great this time of year with a lot of the fruit being fresh. I have eaten a lot of mangos. All the mangos we eat are directly from the tree. They are super good. Sometimes I will save a mango and stick it in the fridge to eat for breakfast. I also bought a cantaloupe this past week that I still need to eat!


I hope all is well. I am doing really good.  I miss you guys but I am really happy and enjoying the work. I hope all is well and that you guys get healthy again. I sent a letter to you guys today as well.


I love you!


Your missionary,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment