Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Not fun getting a cold in a hot, humid climate!

March 2, 2015


Yep............I guess February of 2015 is gone. It went by really fast.


So this last week we had a ton of work! Which is great. Obviously. Haha. This last week we found 2 families that are super positive that we are currently teaching. One is a young family that has a son that is 3 years old. Elder Quesada and I contacted them about 2 weeks ago and Elder Gomez and I started teaching them this last week. Wow they are one of the families of gold!!! Every time we go over to teach them they have read the pamphlets and have prayed and everything. They also went to church this week and  said that they really enjoyed it. After church they told us that they have read part of the Book of Mormon and then wrote down their questions.  I am super excited to teach this family.


The other family we found while contacting on Tuesday night. They are a really young family as well and have a daughter that is like 3 months old. They are also ready to learn, but before they can be baptised they need to get married first.



We spent a lot of time running around this past week trying to get ready for the baptisms. We had one baptism on Saturday. She is the daughter of a less active member. The other two we had planned for will hopefully be baptised this Saturday as we continue to work with them. This month is really looking like it will be a good month. Hopefully we will reach our goal for baptisms and baptize these two families we are teaching.


How are things with your own missionary work going? I hope to hear of some of your missionary experiences this week.


So this last week I got a really bad cold. On Friday it was super hot and it wasn’t very fun sweating and having a running nose, but I am pretty much better today. I still have a little bit of a sore throat, but I am doing good. I noticed that it affected my spanish as well....haha more people had a hard time understanding me. It was a bummer that I couldn’t really go running in the mornings as well since I was sick.  


I am doing really good. I have attached a picture of our baptism and of me and Elder Martinez. I saw him this past week. He got called to be the new Assistant to the President. I am really grateful for him and all he taught me in our 6 weeks together. I learned a lot about how to be a good missionary in my time with him.


I am sorry I don’t  have much time to write. I hope all is well. Mom said that it is snowing. I hope you get  snow in the mountains to have water for the year. Take care. You guys are always in my prayers. I love you.


With love,
your missionary Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment