Monday, June 8, 2015

Broken Camera! :(

June 8, 2015

Wow, time is going by super fast.  Just about every week I comment on how fast it's going. Haha!  Sorry, I will stop making remarks like that. This week was a great week and hope I can share some fun and spiritual moments with you from this week. 

Well it finally started raining this week!! YES! I love the rain here. On Tuesday night as soon as we got into the house it started pouring and I mean pouring. Earlier in the day it was super hot and I was worried we were going to have another super hot week, but as we got in the door at the house it started raining. Here in this part of Managua its kind of a down hill slope toward the lake since we are so close to the lake and all the water from Managua runs down this way. So when it rains really hard the streets fill with water and turn into rivers. So that's pretty cool. Usually when it rains we just keep working. Its a lot cooler at night and in the morning.

So this last Monday we went and visited a less active family and we had a small family home evening with them. I took out my camera and it fell so now I don't have a camera....sorry, I will not be able to send pictures for a while....its broke. Haha. It's alright though.  I am talking with dad about how I can get a new one. 

I also was able to go on divisions this week with some of the Elders in my district and help them a little bit. It was a lot of fun to go to a different area for a day and meet their investigators. It rained really hard that day too and we were pretty soaked by the end of the day. 

This week was a great week as we have met a lot of new investigators and are retaining the old ones. We found a guy to teach that through the last few months has lost everything including cars, motorcycles, and even his family. It was a great blessing to contact him and teach him and get to know him and feel the spirit guide and direct us as we know how to teach him and help him overcome his needs. He was able to go to church and has a lot of friends that are actually members here in the ward. 

This week was also filled with lots of guidance from the spirit. As we were leaving a less active members house yesterday a family walked by and I hurried and contacted them with my companion. I didn't know why, I just did it. I stopped them and started talking with them and found out that a couple of years ago they talked to missionaries and loved the church and were actually ready to be baptized then there work schedule changed and were not able to go to church. I learned that they are now not working on Sunday. And then they just told me that they want to go to church this Sunday and be baptised!!! Haha Yes!! Its amazing to see blessings like that. It was a great example to me to be ready at all times to proclaim the restored gospel. Even if it means contacting in buses and doing things that seem out of the ordinary. It is always the spirit guiding us as we are obedient and ready to listen and follow the promptings. 

Hopefully we will have a baptism this week. We met this guy a couple weeks ago as he was leaving a little store in the street and he told us he talked to missionaries before and that he was about to be baptised but then got really sick. So now were teaching him and he is really progressing and doing well. I love seeing people change as they live the commandments and choose to follow Jesus Christ

I love you all and hope all is well. From the pictures you send the mountains are super green and looks like you guys are loving life. I am excited to see how summer games is going to go. Send me a bunch of pictures. Be safe while driving and everything. I love you guys. Talk to you next week!! 

With much love from Managua Nicaragua,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment