Sunday, June 21, 2015

A rainy night and a great find!


A Rainy Night and a Great Find!
June 15, 2015
This week was a crazy adventure and I loved it. It was filled with a lot of ups and downs throughout the week and just goes to show how much the Lord’s hand is in the work.....


This last Tuesday it started raining...and it rained so hard! I am super grateful for this rain coat that I bought before I left! So when it rains here it rains super hard usually later at night around 6 and stops raining at about 11 but sometimes it can just rain all day. There were some parts where you are up to your knees in water as you are walking through the street. We got caught in the rainstorm way far from our house and continued to keep working and finding people who we had to visit. Its a lot easier to get into houses when it is raining.


As it was raining it was getting late and about time we needed to start thinking to go back to the house but we decided to contact one more house. The only house with the door open and the light on.....haha. So we went up knocked on the door and they let us in. Inside was a family where the wife and mom are members but her husband is not. Wow what a miracle! These members have not been active for a long time but want to start going back to church. They are a great family and we have visited them a couple of times and they really want to go back to church. Its hard to find the husband at home because of his work schedule but I know that we will be able to teach him and help him be baptised. The work is so much easier with the help of members and when you can baptize and also reactivate a family it makes it that much better!


This week I learned a lot about the Plan of Salvation and of the Sabbath Day and how important that is. Its easy to keep the sabbath day holy here in the mission but there are so many temptations at home that can change this sacred day from a day of rest to a normal day. I encourage you guys to keep the sabbath day holy and do everything you can possibly do together as a family. I learned a lot this week how families can be together forever and hope I can share that knowledge that I have with the people here in Nicaragua.


Sorry I don’t have much time to write. I love you all and hope all is well. Keep up the great work and take care! Carter, I am super pumped to here you won Gold!! Be safe at work and other hobbies. Tienen planes para ir a Lake Powell este año??


Les Amo!!


De Nicaragua Managua Sur,

Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment