Monday, June 29, 2015

I am having the time of my life here in Nicaragua in the Zone of Managua.



June 29, 2015

Wow so much to talk about!!

Well I guess I could talk about first things first....Changes

Yes I did have changes. I got changed to the area Las Palmas in the Zone of Managua. I am still in the same zone and am right next to my old area. I was called to be the new Zone Leader here with my new Companion Elder Hironaka. Wow we are already super great friends. He is super cool. He is from Arizona and we both love to talk about life and the mission. He is teaching me a lot about how to be a better missionary and Zone Leader. Elder Hironaka has just a little bit over a year in the mission. He came one transfer before me. Elder Castillo is being trained by Elder Hironaka and he is from Honduras. He is a super cool guy and is super funny. Elder Presinal is my other companion and is from the Domincan Republic. He just got here to Nicaragua and I am his Trainer. He is a lot of fun to work with and get to know him.

The area here is kind of the same as Lezcano with a few differences. We have a fairly big area with a lot of people to visit and teach. We had one baptism last Friday as well as my old area Lezcano. It was cool to see my investigator get baptized in my old area and our investigator here in my new area. He is a super cool guy and is about our age. We are hoping to have 2 more baptisms this Saturday. As I have gotten to know these people this last week I can see a change in them everyday as they continue reading the scriptures and as they went to church with us on Sundays. The true sign of repentance and change is through actions. 

One of the great parts of getting a new area is getting to know new people especially all the members in the area. I already have a lot of friends here in this area and that is great to be able to find more investigators. As I have said before. Its a lot more easier to find people to teach with the help of the members. 

My testimony has grown so much these past few weeks its been amazing. I love learning from other missionaries and learning of their experiences. I have learned how to be more humble. Listening to the advice and council of others but then putting that advice into an action really shows the Lord how willing you are to receive revelation. Being humble and patient are great characteristics to be able to have. My new companions have taught me a lot about how to love others and find ways to serve the other missionaries, ward members, and investigators. 

I hope all is well at home. It sounded like a way fun week that was packed with lots of cool adventures. Dad was with big time businesses like NASA in Alabama, Mom at Girls Camp, Jaren living at home alone for a while.....again.....haha hows that? Carter and Dallin down in Utah County! Did you guys get to go fishing again?? Keep having lots of fun this summer! I love hearing about all your adventures and seeing pictures. 

I am having the time of my life here in Nicaragua in the Zone of Managua. I love it here. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. I love the people, food, culture, and this great work that we have here to do in Nicaragua. 

I love you guys! Take care and stay safe. 

With Lots of Love,

Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment