Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Week 54





August 3, 2015

Alright....wow its already August.....craziness.

Elder Anderson and Elder Hironaka
This week was a really interesting but great week. We worked really hard in our area but also had the opportunity to have a lot of different meetings as a Zone Leader with Elder Hironaka. I have learned a lot in my mission about how to be a better leader and to learn from other leaders. 

It was a good Pday. We went and got hamburgers at a local restaurant. I also got some ice cream with cake. I love Ice cream!! We then went and played a little bit of soccer then me and my companion Elder Presinal got haircuts. Good Pday! 


This week we had Stake Conference in our Zone. A Seventy came and spoke in the conference and said some very great things about how to be better converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. He shared a story about how his family got converted to the gospel and it made me think about my ancestors and how they got converted to the gospel and how much of an impact they have had, and are having in my life. I feel of all my families love and support daily and keep me going strong. 
 
This next week we should have a baptism of an older man. He has made a 360 turn in his life. It is one of the most amazing things I have seen in my life. Even through the stumbles and falls of being an investigator converting to the true gospel, he has come out amazing. He is one of the most amazing people I have met on my mission. I remember the first day I met him and remember hearing him pray with true sincerity that our Heavenly Father would help him change those bad things in his life. Every time I see him I am truly filled with a great love and filled with the spirit as I converse with him about his testimony of the gospel. He will be a firm member of the church throughout his life. 

After about a week of not talking to one of our really positive investigators we finally got to talk to her yesterday afternoon. She told us she had been in another city taking care of her family. She expressed with us great sorrow and sadness through many trying times in her life. My companion then asked her a great question. He asked, what do you think will bring you the most happiness in your life? She then responded that the church of Jesus Christ will bring her the happiness she needs. I also felt the spirit so strong in that moment. I know that the only way we will find true happiness is to turn to Christ. He is happiness. He is hope.

I love you all and hope for the best. Take care and always remember the importance of prayers and scripture study, individually and with family!

Amo Nicaragua, Amo los Nicaragüenses, Amo la obra del Señor. Se que este es la iglesia verdadera. Se que Jesucristo guía este iglesia. 

I love you guys!

Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment