Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 56. New Contacts + Life Challenges = The Atonement


August 18, 2015


Well this week was not super eventful. It was just hard work every day all day. Which I love! I really like getting in and working really hard. Last night my companion and I staggered in the door super tired and worn out. Haha I had a hard time staying awake while waiting for and taking numbers. 

Elder Presinal and I get along really well! He is a fun companion. I really enjoy being his trainer. I like getting to know more about him and his family and about the Dominican Republic. 

This week we spent a lot of time contacting new people and talking to people from all over the country. We talked to a guy from Bluefield’s this week. He speaks a language called Creole. It’s just English but a lot of different words that mean a lot of different stuff. Elder Rodriguez was in Bluefield’s for a long time so he taught me a couple of phrases. We also talked to a lady that spoke Portuguese! She started talking to us and giving us directions to find a house and we understood her!! Elder Presinal and I were pretty proud of ourselves after that. 

We found a cool new Mom and her kid this week. They are really friendly. When we passed by to pick them up they were walking out the door to go by themselves to church. They told us after church how much they liked it and asked when we were going to come by. I love teaching people that want to hear the message of the restored gospel. Another lady we are teaching just has to go to church one more time!!! She is super ready for baptism but has not been able to go to church because of different little problems. I know she will go this week and be able to be baptized soon!

This week we talked to a lot of people.  It seems that each of them is laden with their own various problems.  A lot of problems! As they told me about all their difficulties in life, the message that played over and over in my head was that of the atonement of Jesus Christ. 

Each person on earth has the opportunity to partake of the mercy that we all receive through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The atonement is applicable to everyone who allows it. I have a strong testimony of the atonement and know the He will forgive us, strengthen us, and comfort us. He died so that we might live. I love the talk given by Elder Uchtdorf that he gave in this last conference about grace. 

My testimony has grown so much in these past months, well I guess a little bit over a year now. I have changed. I have seen so many other lives changed as well. The mission is the best. I love every second of it. 

I love you. Take care!!!

Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment