Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 81

February 8, 2016

Well this week we have worked really hard and have had some good results. Sometimes its not the easiest but I know there are always blessings awaiting us even if at first we cannot see them.

So the big story is that Gustavo finally got confirmed. YES! He was super excited to get confirmed even though he had a really bad cold during the whole week. He got to church super early as well.
The other story I guess is that Lester and Carla did not get baptized this week. They had a few problems with the commandments this week so they have to wait until the 13th. They are still super excited though for the 13th and always show up to church on there motorcycle. 

This week has been kind of a busy one for me and Elder Bradbeer. On Monday we had to finish a presentation for the meeting with President and Sister Russell and all the other Zone Leaders. Then on Tuesday we went to Managua for the meeting. It went pretty good. I learned a lot from the other Zone Leaders and President Russell and his wife. I also got a chance to talk with Elder Martinez again. He is getting ready to go home this change and I got a chance to talk with him and received some council from him. I will always have a great respect for my trainer and hope to keep in contact with him after the mission.

One morning Elder Bradbeer and I decided I would go on divisions with one of the District Leaders in the Zone. Their area is super cool, but with a ton of walking. Their area is like on the side of the mountain and goes up and up and up....haha, but it was a really good day. I met a member from there that I made a really good friend with. I got a chance to talk with him and teach his grandkids about the Restoration. At some points he would stop us while teaching and just talk face to face with his grandkids and share his testimony. I felt the spirit so strong as he spoke. It reminded me a lot of my Grandpa's and the constant loving council they always gave me. Many of their words have stuck with me for life. I know this man's grandkids will always remember the words of their grandfather and how they felt as he spoke. I took a picture with the family afterwords. I also got a chance to talk with an older lady who they are teaching that started telling us of her family and how she misses them. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and how she can see her family again. She then gave us some fresh squeezed orange juice! Yum!

This week we have also been running around doing a couple of other things in the zone as well as in our area. We have found a couple of really good positive people to teach including a man that Elder Solis and I found while Elder Bradbeer was on divisions. It was a lot of fun as we taught about the Spirit and everything just seemed to flow as we taught together. I know it was the spirit guiding us what to say. I love being able to teach with the spirit and I know that if we are always ready and worthy to follow it we will be guided with what to say and do.
I love this missionary work. Most days its very hard, but very rewarding. I get the wonderful opportunity everyday to be able to work and talk with people who need the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. I love this work. I love this gospel.

Thank you for all your help and support. I love you guys. Take care!!
Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson






No comments:

Post a Comment