Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 85 - Multi Stake Conference

March 7, 2016

This week we had a Multi Stake conference. And when I say multi stake it's like all of Central America. So that was pretty cool. We got the chance to hear from several seventies and Elder Anderson that day. It was such a great experience. I loved the talk by the Area President, Elder Duncan, as he spoke on the atonement in our lives. Also a talk by Elder Arnold about when Peter walked on water with Jesus. Can you imagine the experience that must have been to be able to walk on water?? But then at the same time as you are sinking to the sandy bottom, feel the strong hand of Christ himself pulling you up. What a learning experience that must have been for Peter. 

This week we had a lot of time to work in our area. We worked super hard but have not been able to find a lot of positive investigators. Are faith was tested this week. The investigators we have been teaching have had a lot of problems with the some of the commandments. We have been thinking about them a lot and are ready to help them in anyway possible. 

This week we also went to work in an area super far away called Las Flores. It was kinda fun as we talked to a lot of people on the Bus on the way up there. I will send a picture of Elder Bradbeer and I up by the welcome sign. We also have been going to some villages late at night. Ha ha, I need to start bringing my flash light before I fall and scrape my knee or run into a barbed wire fence...ha ha. Sometimes we get scared as a random chicken will run out in front of the grass.... 

Elder Solis is doing awesome. I really enjoy working with my two companions. We are excited to have a lot of success this month as well and to keep working super hard. 

Last night we had an awesome lesson with the family I have told you guys about that are investigating the church. Only the mom and one of the daughters were able to go to the conference because the husband has to work. He works making hammocks. Pretty good job. But anyways... We started teaching our planned lesson but as the spirit directed we changed topics. They expressed there concerns about change and repentance in their life. As the members who were with us bore their testimony, my mind was racing to find scriptures to share. One of the most common scriptures came to my brain in Mosiah 3:19. That talks about how we need to change to become more like Christ. I noticed for one of the first times that it talks about how we need to change through the atonement of Christ. I have no idea why I did not see that before..... but it talks about how as we develop those Christ like attributes and submit to our Fathers will, then the Grace of the Atonement can carry us the rest of the way. We taught that to the family and we hope they now have a better understanding of the atonement in their lives. 

I have felt myself become closer to Christ this week than ever. As I have turned to him in prayer everyday I have felt His foot steps alongside me, guiding me to teach as he would teach and do as he would do. This is His church. He loves us. He wants us to succeed. We will succeed as we do His will. 

Take care,
Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson


Los Pueblos Zone

f

No comments:

Post a Comment