Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 84


February 29, 2016

March in Cache Valley usually isn't very windy. Here it looks like it is going to be super windy. Like I have mentioned there is always a lot of dust in the area. But i love the work. And like the dust, the work is picking up as well..

Alright, I will stop with the lame jokes. ha ha. But really the work is going super great right now. We just had the baptism of Marcello. He was super excited for his baptism. He has been going to mutual and is now going to seminary as well. His little brother is going to be baptized on the 19th of March. We have stake conference and another week where we will not be able to be baptize because of other conferences. But we are super excited about that. We should be able to have about 4 baptisms this next month as well. 

Elder Ochoa of the Seventy and his wife came to the mission this week. Elder Ochoa is in the area presidency as well. They gave great lessons this week. On Thursday we got up early and got the zone on the bus and we went to the multi zone with some of the other zones. Elder Ochoa gave a talk on the atonement. That really impacted me. He said a phrase that stuck with me. He said, "The atonement sometimes is not easy to explain, but it is easy to feel." I really felt the truth of that statement. I sometimes as a missionary can not explain to a fullness the power of the atonement. It is not until they feel the atonement that they can really understand the power of this principle in there lives. 

On Friday Elder Bradbeer and I got up early to go to Managua. Once again we received great revelation as the leaders in the mission. He talked about being a pastor and leading the sheep, or investigators, to green grass. Sometimes sheep get lost in brush and thorns. But as we use inspired questions we can get them back to that green pasture where they belong. I really like that parable and we have been trying these last few days to change how we teach by using inspired questions from the spirit.

I love this work. This is his gospel. He loves us. I have tried a lot this week to understand the spirit and what the Lord wants me to do. I have felt myself be guided to people who otherwise I would have not found, and have taught things I would not have taught, if it was not for the spirit. I have felt the guidance of the spirit in abundance. I know that I need to forget myself, and work even harder. That is what I am going to do.

I love you guys. Take care. Let me know how tryouts go. Love you all!!

Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson







No comments:

Post a Comment