Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 58 - Multi-Mission Conference with President Nielson

August 31, 2015

This week was filled with wonderful spiritual and uplifting experiences that strengthened my testimony. So I guess the big rumor that mom had been hearing about President Nelson coming to Nicaragua was right! This Saturday both missions were able to hear and meet President Nelson, President of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles.

We got up early on Saturday and walked about 5 blocks to the stake center. All of the Spanish speaking missionaries were given translators, like you see at conference and what not so that they could hear it in Spanish. When President Nelson walked in everyone stood up and you felt the spirit quickly enter the room. We then got a chance, one by one, to shake his hand. I know that he is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. I testify that this church is the only church upon the face of the earth that has a Living Prophet and 12 Apostles just like Christ established here on the earth.

He then instructed us on how we can work better with the members  He also gave us a few things he would like us to study to help us be better in the mission and in our life at home. I was filled with the spirit all day that day and came out of the Chapel feeling an overwhelming sensation of the love my Heavenly Father has for me and that he knows me and my needs as well as the needs of my investigators.

So this week I also had a meeting with President Russell as well as with all the other Zone Leaders. It was fun to talk to Elder Hironaka again and see how he is doing. Our zone also had our normal 3 month interview. I was running around getting ready for the interviews in the morning and in the afternoon I was able to go check on the houses with one of the Assistants to President and Hermana Russell. I love interviews with President. He always helps me to know how I can be better at missionary work and how I can better help the Zone.

This week we also had zone meeting. My companion Elder Henriquez and I talked about using better inspired questions and how to study better. I know I will be better at studying the gospel as well as studying in school because of my mission.

So the lady I told you guys about last week was really hard to find this week because of how busy we were and that she went out of town. So, while we passed by her house we contacted her neighbors who are probably even more positive!! It is amazing how the Lord places people in our paths as missionaries. It’s a single mom and her 3 kids as well as, the lady’s mom, so the kids grandma.  Anyways they all came to church this Sunday and are super excited every time we come over. The youngest is 9 years old and likes to joke with us, but when we are teaching him he pays attention and can answer the questions really good. They are a really great family and are super willing to accept the gospel.

Wow!  So I guess it was a pretty busy week. I am excited for this week to see what will happen with this little family and other people we find. I know this is the Lord’s work. He loves us and wants us to succeed.

I love you guys!!

With love,

Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment