Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 61 - Transfers and Baptisms

September 21, 2015

Well I guess the big story of the week is two things, transfers and baptisms!!! 

This week I got a call on Tuesday that told me that Elder Presinal and the other Zone leader had changes and that I, was going to train again!! To my surprise, at change meetings I met a guy from North Logan Utah. Little did I know that he would be new my companion and I would be training him!!! So ya, Elder Diaz is from North Logan up there by the Library and went to Sky View High school. He is super cool. He ran cross country and track in high school so we get up and go run every morning. 

The new zone leader and my new companion is Elder Mateo. He is from the Dominican Republic, my 3rd companion from there. haha. He is a lot of fun and I'm excited to be able to serve with him. He is super excited for the work. 

So this Saturday we had 4 baptisms. It was that mom and her 3 little kids!!! Wow all I can say is that I know that there is opposition in all things. We had to work so hard to be able to get them baptized...The adversary is very aware of the potential this family has and did everything he could to stop them from getting baptized..... everything..... But after much fasting and prayers we were very blessed to help them be baptized and confirmed into the true church of Jesus Christ. I love the scriptures of when Ammon was talking about how happy he was after their mission. He then expressed his happiness of the work and of what the Lord helped them to do. I feel the same way. I am so happy with the work that the Lord has helped me and my companions accomplish.

We are still teaching the other family that I have talked about. They too have had their struggles and concerns but are changing quickly to be able to baptized on the 10th of October. I am often so inspired by my investigators and their ability to change and accept the gospel. This family is reading the Book of Mormon, the book of Principios del Evangelio, (Gospel Principles) and the Proclomation of the family! Golden Investigators!!!!!!

I love this work more and more everyday, and its crazy to say I have  14 months in the mission. It has gone by so fast and I feel like I can still learn so much more. I have seen a great change in my life to be able to focus more on the spirit and what the Lord's plan really is for me in my life. I love this gospel and the opportunity to be a missionary.

I love you guys. Take care, Be smart, Be obedient, stay strong!

Nicaragua Managua Sur,

Elder Morgan M. Anderson


er





No comments:

Post a Comment