Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 69 - Restoration of the Gospel

Well this week has been a week of teaching about the Restoration of the Gospel. We met and found an inactive family because they didn't understand the message of the Restoration and left to another church....wow, that was an experience. They had a lot of questions about the plan of salvation as well. 

I am often in awe how everything relates back to the Restoration of the Gospel Of Jesus Christ. With out this knowledge we are lost. Through this gospel we know of the Plan of Salvation and we are able to preform the saving ordinances of the gospel such as baptism. I love teaching of the Restoration of the Gospel.

So we had a baptism this week. His Mom is a less active and he lives in the furthest part of our area where there are lots of businesses and its really hard to contact. He is a super good kid and will be turning twelve in a short period of time. 

We have two more baptisms this week. A older man named Mauricio, and an older woman named Leticia. It has been a great time teaching them. Leticia this week had a lot of questions as her baptismal date gets closer and she wanted to get a for sure answer. We have taught, prayed, and prayed again for her. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and I know that helped her receive her answer! I love the Book of Mormon. It really is the Keystone of our religion and is the best way for someone to get a testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We went and visited one of the recent converts in the ward this week and found her three year old daughter with a really bad sickness caused by the mosquitoes here. She was running a super high fever. Before we even said a word the Mom looked at us and said she wanted us to give her daughter a blessing. We were able to use the priesthood many times this week and I am always humbled at the opportunity to give a priesthood blessing. I know that it is the Power and Authority of God to bless the lives of others and to serve them. 

So funny story of the week. Last night we were walking to an appointment and Elder Diaz and I saw a lady and her young son struggling to carry a bag of sand to their house. So we decided to help them. We each took turns carrying the bag. We were about a block away from the house and I took the bag from Elder Diaz so I could take my turn carrying it. It was super heavy. Well I threw the bag on my shoulder. I didn't see the hole in the bag and sand fell all over me and my shirt. Haha!  I finished working the night with sand in my shirt and all over my backpack.  Hahaha!  It was something good to laugh about. 

I love the work here in Nicaragua. I love you guys. Always remember to share the gospel with everyone you come in contact with, even if they are members. I love you guys and pray for you always. Take care!!

With love,
Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson




No comments:

Post a Comment