Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 79 - Changes

January 25, 2016

So I guess to start things off I will let you guys know about Changes....

Haha, so as you guys know Elder Morales went home this week. He was a good missionary and good friend. I learned a lot from him. Also my other companion Elder Herrera had changes. He didn't get changed far as he is still in the zone, but I got the call from Elder Hironaka Tuesday afternoon telling about the changes in the zone. He then told me that I would be training again!! haha

So yup I am training again here in Los Pueblos. His name is Elder Solis and he is from El Salvador. He is a pretty cool guy. He has a strong desire to learn and has been a good example to me these last few days. I am excited for the work we will be able to get done and the things we will be able to do in the area.

My other new companion, who is the other Zone Leader, is Elder Bradbeer. He is from Nampa, Idaho. I am super excited to work with him. He is a super hard worker and will be help me learn a lot. He has 2 months less than I do in the mission. 

This morning we got up before 4 o' clock to go to Managua because we had another Multi Mission meeting with President Christensen (Presidency of the Seventy) and Elder Alonso (Seventy) and there wives. They spoke on working even harder than we have been and we got a couple of minutes to have an open microphone and ask a few questions. I really like when he said that your attitude is something super important in missionary work. If you have a good attitude you will have more success and are a better representative of Jesus Christ as we radiate his light.

This week I have learned a lot about the atonement. I won't lie its been a little bit harder. I have been running around like crazy with a lot of work and situations to deal with. But every night as I turned in prayer I felt of his love and support. I know that he suffered for our sins. Sometimes things are hard and there is nothing we can do about it. We always need to have continual faith to keep pressing on. As we do so, the mercy of our Heavenly Father and the Atonement of His Son, lifts us up.

We are still teaching the family and the older gentleman I have told you guys about. They are doing super great and the family is excited to get baptized on the 6th of February. The man, will get baptized this Saturday. I am super excited for them and have seen a great change in each one of their lives. I continue to love to meet new people and teach them the things that our Heavenly Father has for them as they follow his restored Gospel. 

I am doing well. I love the work and my health has been great. I can't complain. Its been nice and cool here in Masaya and the work is continuing forward. 

I love you guys! Take care!

Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson


With Elder Solis, a new missionary in Nicaragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment