Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Week 102 - My little brother is going on a mission.

June 27, 2016

Wow my little brother is going on a mission. Speaking Spanish, and I even get to go duck hunting with him one weekend. Life is good....hahaha. I cannot express how excited I am for you Jaren. I called all my buddies in the zone to let them know you were going on mission and they are all excited for you too...I often reflect on the sign that is in our house above the dinner table for everyone to see that says, "caution: missionaries in training" I love that sign and I am so grateful for my family and Mom and Dad for making it truly a Anderson MTC.

Wow lots to write about, but little time. This week I spent a lot of time outside of my area. A lot of time. Tuesday afternoon I left to go to Jinotepe. Wednesday we got up early to go to Leadership Council meeting. It was special because it was the last meeting that all the zone leaders would meet with President and Sister Russell. We then worked a little bit in Managua with different missionaries then stayed the night at the AP´s and the Secretary's house. I had a chance to talk with Elder Diaz for a while that night and swap mission stories with the guys in the office. 

Thursday morning I went to Presidents office early and had my last interview with him. We talked for over an hour about life after the mission. He counseled me about working, studying, and yes finding a future eternal companion.... I loved his advice and have a lot of notes and ideas and goals for the future when I get home. I felt the spirit so strong as we knelt down and as he offered the closing prayer. I felt of his love for me as well as the love of my Heavenly Father. 

Thursday night I had meetings with the Stake Presidency along with President Russell. We have this meeting every couple of months to talk with the stake leaders about how the work is going. On Friday we had zone meeting in Jinotepe. It was fun to get together with the zone and to do some training. The mission has been really focused on working with ward members better. 

Now this week will be a week for a lot of work and to help the other companionship's in Rivas. I love Rivas. I even bought a cool baseball jersey of the Rivas baseball team. The baseball stadium is in our area and its like a high school football game when there is a baseball game. It kinda reminds me of high school.

I love you guys so much. I am excited to see you guys soon, but promise that I am still working 110 percent thank you so much. I love you guys Take care,

De lo mejor mision del mundo, Nicaragua Managua Sur,
Elder Anderson

When I saw Jaren opening up his call I got super excited when I heard the title Elder Anderson.....
Sorry no pictures this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment