Wednesday, December 3, 2014



December 1, 2014

Hello! Wow so I am now done with training and have more time to go teach during the day instead of studying. But the big news of the week is that I am no longer in Granada, and no longer with Elder Jimenez. I am currently in Masaya. The area Monimbo. 

So Tuesday afternoon Elder Jimenez and I were working in my area when we got the call about changes. The whole day I had a feeling that I was going to get transferred. And yup that's what happened. So I got home that night and packed all my stuff and prepared to leave in the morning. I really loved my area in Granada. It was my first area and first real taste of missionary work in the field. I love the people in my old area and have a lot of new friends including a family that we were teaching that I told Elder Jimenez that I wanted pictures after they are baptized. I am also grateful for Elder Jimenez and all that he taught me.  But I now have the opportunity to meet new people, friends, and a new companion. 

Elder Anderson with his new companion Elder Carter
So my new companion's name is Elder Carter. He is from Idaho Falls. Haha I never thought I would be with another American companion. But he is a way good missionary. He only has 6 more weeks in the mission than I do. He is the new district leader here in our district as well. We always speak Spanish together. Today for P-day its been a little bit harder to speak in only in Spanish.  I am excited to spend Christmas with him.

So my new area is a lot of City. We are on the south side of Masaya with a huge area. The outer part of our area goes up a huge hill. We have contacted into some pretty cool areas and found a few positive people to teach. The new area is way different than my first area. Way different. I am now in the city and there are lots of parks and stores. Its harder to find people to teach here. Its cool because the last couple of days they have had like traditional dances in the streets and several times a marching band has passed our house. There are a lot of fireworks during the day as well. I am excited to be able to serve in this new area.
 
I got the package from the ward with the Christmas tree. Tell them thank you so much! That made my day. For thanksgiving we went to the chapel and had dinner that some of the members had prepared. My companion shared why we celebrate Thanksgiving then we ate. We had rice, carne asada and some fruit and some thing with like beets in it.

Thank you for all your love and support. 
Thanksgiving 2014 in Masaya

I love you!

Elder Morgan Monroe Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment