Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tacos, Interviews and Scheduled Baptisms!




 April 13, 2015
Well once again I don’t have a lot of time to write.
This P-day we did a district activity and made Tacos. They were alright.....haha

Wow it is really humbling experience to be a trainer and the new District Leader. I spend a lot more time on the phone as I talk with my district and helping them to be successful. I also have a cool opportunity to get to know more of Managua as I go throughout my district to give baptismal interviews.
I love the opportunity to talk with these people and get to know them as they are getting ready and are excited to be baptized. I can feel the spirit so strong as I once again understand and learn how importance baptism is. It not only allows us to enter into the kingdom of our Heavenly Father but also how it prepares us for other covenants in the future and to enter the temple. I love the temple and the peaceful feeling I receive as I visit the temple.
This next week we hopefully have 3 Baptisms. It’s a mom and her two kids that are really cool. But some weeks they are really positive and other days they don’t seem positive at all. On Thursday we talked about the word of Wisdom and she committed to give up coffee. We went back to visit on Saturday to see if she had kept her commitment with our Heavenly Father. We first asked her if she was ready to be baptized this next Saturday and she answered YES!! I was super excited. Then we asked about the coffee. She explained how Friday she didn’t drink coffee but then on that same day she drank coffee in the morning..........ya super exciting then super sad....... The lady committed to giving up drinking coffee again on Saturday. Which can be really hard to do? A lot of people have coffee and a piece of bread for breakfast here. I am excited to see them be baptized. Keep them in your prayers please that they can continue to feel the spirit as we teach and prepare them for baptism.
I am learning so much especially about patience and humility. I love learning about the life of the savior and how I can better be like him.
Thank you for all your love and support. I Love you guys so much!!
From Managua, your son, brother and missionary,
Elder Morgan M. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment