Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Individual Emails

April, 27, 2015

Today's email was individual to each member of our family.  Many things Elder Anderson shared are personal and not something to be posted on his mission blog.  He is doing well.  It continues to be hot, and he is looking forward to the middle of May when the weather cools down and the rainy season starts.  We haven't had pictures the last few weeks.  That is my favorite...pictures!  I miss seeing his bright smile when he doesn't send pictures in emails.  He enjoys the responsibilities of being a trainer and District Leader.  He often comments what a humbling experience it is to train a new missionary.

In a recent snail mail letter he stated, "...He is a pretty cool guy with lots of excitement to work.  It's a lot different being a trainer.  I am able to study a lot more during the day.  I have to teach a lot of the lessons and I have to teach a lot of daily normal things of the missionary life.  But just like Elder Orellana, I was new in the mission too once.  Elder Martinez, my trainer was such a great example to me and I hope I can be a trainer like Elder Martinez was for me."

Elder Anderson has such a respect for his trainer and when he sees him he always tells us how great it was to talk to him again and how he continues to learn from his great example as he is now an AP.

Elder Anderson further stated in his letter, "I love the mission more and more each day.  I love Nicaragua! I love the people!  I love the this gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know its true."

As a missionary mom I am very proud of Elder Anderson.  He is a valiant servant seeking to do the Lord's will each day.  He is continually teaching me to be a better person and to be more missionary minded.  My favorite quote as he is serving is, "Find Joy In The Journey".  This journey is filled with JOY!  I love being a mom to 4 sons.  They each bring me such JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment